Player One is Ready

Hi anyone who has actually stuck it out with us!  It's been FOREVER since my last actual blog but hopefully you've been seeing my pitiful attempt at keeping going with the Facebook posts.

This week is spring break for my kiddos and wouldn't you know it we have the flu.  However, even with all the hacking and desire to sleep I really really wanted to get my Sash Fabrics Mario knit sewn up for Bopper.



 I went for a fan favorite in our house.  Titchy Thread's Rowan Tee and Bopper requested a kangaroo pocket and hood if I had enough fabric.  I had just about a yard and I probably could have inked out the whole thing in just Mario but I had some grey interlock from a long time ago that I lined the hood with most as insurance in case I really messed something up and needed the bit left of the Mario I have left.  Luckily it all went smoothly!



It's been awhile since Bopper has had any new mommy made items and he's newly obsessed with Mario (specifically MarioKart) so he is one super happy boy right now.  Maybe it makes up for his sister and mommy being sick ruining all the fun plans we had made for Spring Break?  I hope so



And final bit to share.  The lines on this aren't anywhere near perfect.  Again I only had so much fabric to work with.  BUT I did get super close.  Both sides match up fairly well. One sleeve matches up sort of.  And two of the three hood panels match up.  Oh well I'm human and I'm pretty sure the boy doesn't care.

And on that note, I will now go make another cup of tea with a ton of honey and pop on another movie for yet another day of resting.

Happy Spring!
Viever

No comments:

Post a Comment