Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Recipe


Hi all, Jen here! I think I might be recipe girl haha. I do participate in other crafting forms though and end of July you will see some other fun from me!


Today I have baked oatmeal up for you all though! 
My kids kinda make a grimace sometimes when I ask if they want oatmeal for breakfast, but if I say, "Do you want cake for breakfast?" They always shout YES!!!!! And this baked oatmeal isn't dry and has a more cakeish texture. Plus way healthier than most commercial cereals.

Recipe 

3cups of quick oats
3/4cup brown sugar
2tsp baking powder
1tsp cinnamon 
3/4tsp salt

Mix the dry together then mix the wet and combine the two.

2eggs
2cups milk
1/4c yogurt (plain, or a light flavor like peach)
1/3c butter - melted.

Once you have that combined let soak 10 minutes and then add in 1/2cup (or more if you love them) blueberries. You could use another fruit if you want as well.

Bake at 350degrees farenheit for 40minuttes in a 9x9" pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil or greased.


(I read a ton of baked oatmeal recipes, tips, tried some, switched in and out and used some from here and there and some from my own ideas to get this final version)


I hope you enjoy! What is your favourite healthy breakfast recipe or snack recipe?? (I NEED more ideas!) 

1 comment:

  1. Made this for breakfast this morning. It was a huge hit with the kids! Thanks so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete