Guest Post: The Life of a Compulsive Crafter- Reusable Snack Bags


The school year is back into full swing. This post is for all the mama's making sack lunches for their children. While I think reusable snack bags are awesome in summer - you shouldn't pack them up when the weather begins to cool down. Reusable snack bags are a great way to lower your household's carbon footprint all year long. All those plastic bags we use for chips and cookies and carrots and... well you get the point. They can be replaced with a few of these, and they're really easy to make. Toss them into your child's lunch for a fun and environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bags. You can use either laminated cotton or use any cotton fabric + vinyl over the top (available at Joann's and many other fabric stores). 



There are so so many great tutorials on how to create these bags, so I'm going to link the one I used as well as some other options you may want to try out!







I really love the ones with snaps and can't wait to give them a try- I feel like they'd be very easy to wash. BTW you may be wondering how to wash these little guys. I usually use a damp washcloth with soap and wipe out the inside making sure to really get into the corners, then I rinse them out really well, and open them up and place them on my drying rack. I'm leery about putting them into the washing machine, but you can certainly give that a try if you're braver than I am. 

I'd also like to mention that they make great gifts! I had a friends daughter turning 1- which is such a tough age to buy Birthday presents for. I needed something simple to give her so I whipped up a couple of these and grabbed a few boxes of her favorite snacks. Seriously, it was quick and USEFUL. 

- Mae 



No comments:

Post a Comment