Recipe: Campfire Cone Crunchy Munchies

I don't go on many road trips.  In fact, I hate road trips.  I get car sick, my kids scream the whole time, my butt hurts and all I end up doing is stuffing my face with food I don't really like just to pass the time.  With that said, we're headed on a nice 12 hour road trip soon.  Yay!  Woo Hoo! and FART!  I am not looking forward to it.  I will get sick, my butt will hurt and there's NOTHING I can do about the kids.  They just hate the car THAT much.  It seems the only thing I am able to change is what I stuff into my face as we drive with the music of the tantrums filling our ears.  I was looking through my cupboard at all of the junk food we don't have in there and started dreaming.  This is what I came up with:
???????????????????????????????



I call it "Campfire Cone Crunchy Munchies".  Have you ever had a campfire cone?  I haven't, but I've been drooling over this post forever. I decided to go for it and make something super tasty that could make me happy and possibly make the kids quiet down for a bit too.   Here's the how to:

INGREDIENTS

2 Cups of Chocolate Cheerios

12 Ice Cream Sugar Cones

1 Cup of Reeses Pieces

1 Cup of Jet Puffed Mallow Bites

1 Cup of Dried Banana Chips

*Optional 1 Cup of Milk chocolate chips

NOTE: Chocolate should never be optional.  If you're serving this at a party it's actually NOT optional; you must include it.  However, if you're on a road trip and don't want to have to question later if that's poop or chocolate on the seat of your car, omit the chocolate chips.

???????????????????????????????

INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1: Put the sugar cones and banana chips into separate plastic bags and crush into bite size pieces using your hands.  You don't want to use a rolling pin or food processor because you don't want to be left with a bunch of crumbs. Besides, we're not fancy here.  No need for crazy gadgets.  I crush the banana chips because I don't like to have a giant overpowering chunk of banana in the mix (I'm seriously avoiding dirty jokes right here).  You can leave them whole if you wish

Crunchy Munchies Collage

Step 2: Make like a Food Network chef and put all of your ingredients into pretty bowls.  This step is very important.

Crunchy Munchies Collage2

Step 3: Mix it all up in a big bowl.

???????????????????????????????

Step 4: Eat some

Step 5:  Realize that it would be awesome on ice cream and then eat way too much

Step 6: Take a walk, son.  You just consumed like 2,000 calories at dessert.

I hope you enjoy this mix at your next party, car trip, or PMS binge.

-Crystal-

No comments:

Post a Comment