Halloween 2017: The Boy

It's my favorite time of year!  There are sewing droughts in my life, fuh shizzle, but Halloween always ends them.  No matter my mood, I always make time for Halloween sewing. It's when I get to let loose, throw guidelines out the window and make what I want!  So naturally this year, my son who is always opinionated, decided to tighten the reigns a little MORE than usual and give me a VERY specific list of what he wanted.  Goodbye, joy.  Hello chores.  BOOOOO.  His very first demand...the subject matter.  So here he is, the monster.


I used McCalls 6628 and really didn't have to CHANGE anything.  He picked his options and I took it from there.  One eyed, blue, green and white monster with horns,a spiky tail, polka dots, and a tummy spot.  And there you have it!


Every day I'd get a "Are you done with my costume yet?" or the "You should sew my costume."  Such a demanding customer.  Luckily for him, he's cute.


The claws, horns and eyeball are his favorite parts...and they had better be.  I had to hand stitch those little assholes on.  But they're great for "scaring" the dog, he says.  So far, the dog just chases him around trying to eat his tail and feet. I don't think she's scared. 


Even though, I couldn't be creative, I must say that I'm glad he chose a cute costume.  I know the days of adorable costumes is coming to an end and soon he'll want some sort of mega zombie vampire costume. I'm savoring the "little" boy stage.  Even with all of the hand-stitching and fur up my nose, ears and other various body holes, I did enjoy the process a little.  And of course, I enjoy the look on the little turd's face.

Happy Halloween, Yall!

-Crystal-






No comments:

Post a Comment