Meet the SHE- Vievey!

I'm Genevieve affectionately known by my friends behind the screen as Vievey or Viever. I have two rugrats, Little Boy S and Baby Girl V. They both keep me on my toes with all the new things they get into and activities they have going on. My craftiness currently revolves around them and honestly so does everything else!



With the encouragement of one of my knitting friends, I branched out from my knitting needles and crochet hook after the birth of my wee girl and pulled out my sewing machine and serger both of which had been gathering dust (and the serger though owned by me for 2 years had only seen the inside of it's own box). So I am a self described "newbie sewer." I have lots of flubs, nubs, and own two seam rippers because I'm constantly misplacing them. All the same, I love learning new techniques and trying new patterns creating things for my kiddos and occasionally for myself (maybe one day Mr. Viever will get some clothing as well though he's turned down every offer of me knitting for him, the silly man). I dive into "advanced" sewing and knitting projects with my trusty laptop at my side with google and youtube pulled up as lifelines.

Other interests include cooking (when it's not a million degrees in my home), finding new fun ways to play with my kids (their current favorite game is using our couch as a pretend swimming pool), making learning fun (did I mention in my "previous" life I was an elementary school teacher?), being active (most recently in relay triathlons with Mr. Viever), reading, and anything else that may hold my attention.

As part of this 4 woman crew, I'm super excited to see where this will all lead us.  I know I'll be learning tons from my fellow SHE's and I hope you stop on back to see more of what we have to offer in the coming days.

4 comments:

  1. You're so awesome, Vievey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see i may have a shout-out in this post!!! so excited for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's you Autumn! You were the push I needed to pull out the sewing machine! My children and my wardrobe thank you though my husband and my pocketbook may have other words, lol! --Viever

    ReplyDelete
  4. your husband's REAL words are, "hey, autumn, thanks a lot - my wife and children are looking even lovelier than ever because of YOU!"

    ReplyDelete