Small FRY-Day Spotlight: Gramma Lollie's Broccoli Casserole

Hey everyone!  This month's Small FRY-day theme is "Family Favorites" although I'm still partial to "Thanksgiving Noms".  Anyway...what better way to start off that by posting a recipe from MY family?  My wonderful mother-in-law is a fantastic cook and always makes me gain like 15 lbs when she comes to stay with us.  I can not help but eat all of everything that she makes.  It's a sickness caused by witchcraft, I tell you.  Please enjoy this recipe by one of my favorite Culinary Queens.
-Crystal-



*******************************************************************************************************************

Hello!  My name is Laura but the grandkids call me Gramma Lollie.    I'm so happy to share my recipe with you.  My daughter-in-law can tell you that when I cook,  I mostly just throw it all together and pay no attention to measurements.  This is one of the few recipes that I can actually tell you exactly what's in it and  pretty closely estimate how much of each ingredient you'll need.  My broccoli casserole was always a favorite of my kids when they were growing up.  It was devoured VERY quickly once it hit the table.  My daughter even likes to eat the leftovers chilled the next day.  I hope you love it as much as my kids do!

Ingredients:

2- 14 oz packages of Frozen Broccoli

1- Cup Mayonnaise

1- Egg

2 -Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 -Can Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 - Yellow Onion GRATED (not chopped or diced) (1/2 onion if you're not a huge onion lover)

Bread crumbs for topping (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 350. Cook broccoli florets according to the package's instructions and drain.  In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients.  Add broccoli, stir and transfer to an oven safe 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs if desired.

???????????????????????????????

Cook for 30 minutes or until the casserole starts bubbling.  Remove, let cool for 5 minutes and eat!  Easy and delicious!  I hope you love it!

???????????????????????????????

-Gramma Lollie-

No comments:

Post a Comment