Cozy Julia Cardigan

Spring is well underway and yet if you are like me you still get chilled depending on the day or time of day.  I bought a red knit from Joann's a couple of months ago with the intention of making a full sleeved cardigan for myself but my sunshine loving self needed more than just a cardigan to get through the end of winter and much of the beginning of spring.  Now that it's warmed up a full sleeved cardigan seems to be a bit much so I decided on making A Mouse House Creation Julia Cardigan in a 3/4 sleeve.  Just long enough for chilly days but not so long to be overly warm.

Please excuse the grubby/realness of my photos.  I got up Mother's Day and decided our back patio NEEDED to be pressure washed.  So my husband got out our landlord's pressure washer and got it started for me.  So the dirt and mud on my jeans are from that.... I may even have some on my face and a bit on my cardigan.... not just for night's out or looking cute!




As for the pattern I chose to do a rolled hem rather than doubling over (I bought enough to double over though.... and may make a short sleeved cardigan for this summer from that same knit).  I made a medium as my measurements put me somewhere between a small and large.



I did have to shorten the sleeves but that was an easy fix.  I actually put the cardigan on and marked where it hit my elbow. Cut off the excess material and then used the excess to create my cuffs.  All in all it was a really quick sew!

All in all I'm super happy with my cardigan and will make another!  Great way to add some color to my otherwise fairly boring wardrobe.


Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I know I was spoiled with a fun day outdoors trying to get things ready for my garden and general outdoor upkeep.  My front flower beds are now full of color from the Gerber Daisies (my fav!) and some marigold (rumor has it they can help ward off mosquitos) and my vegetable garden is still a work in progress.



Viever

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your "realness". Feel free to bring your real self over to my place and do some chores for me ;) The Cardi turned out super cute and I'm sure you'll use it a ton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It seems lately every weekend I'm getting pretty dirty and "real" no time to glam it up, even for blog pictures! Gotta keep it going as I never know when the kiddos will team up and turn against me and all productivity goes out the window! -- Viever

      Delete
  2. love it!! red is always a good choice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having the pop of red in my wardrobe! For whatever reason whenever getting clothing for myself I forget that I like red and that it goes well with my skin tone! --Viever

      Delete